The National Elections Commission says, all is set for the conduct of the Montserrado County district 15 by-election re-run.
The re-run will take place at 20-quarantined of the 94 polling places in the area.
It comes days following CDC Candidate Abu Kamara withdrawal of a notice of appeal to the Supreme Court by and through his legal team.
Candidate Kamara had earlier taken exception to a ruling upheld by majority members of NEC Board of Commissioners affirming a decision for a re-run by its hearing officer Cllr. Mauna Ville.
Addressing KMTV’s Godfred Nana-Quansah Badu in an exclusive interview Tuesday, NEC Communications director Henry Flomo said, the commission has instituted the necessary mechanisms to avoid the recurrence of the past.
As part of the measures, Mr. Flomo said, hard copies of the Voter Registration Roll (VRR) will be presented to candidates’ agents and only two accredited proxies will be given new identifiers for the process; stating, “non-tagged supervisors will not be allowed in voting places as usual”.
He assured the people of the district of security protection during the voting process.
Meanwhile, the NEC official spokesperson informed KMTV News, the commission has qualified 7 candidates for the up-coming Grand Cape Mount Senatorial by-election.
The seven candidates include, Matthew Darblo of Vision for Liberia Transformation (VOLT), Kula Fofana of Coalition for Liberia’s Progress (CLP), Daoda Metzger, Independent candidate and Simeon Taylor of the Alternative National Congress.
Others are: Dabah Varpilah of former ruling Unity Party (UP), Victor Watson of the People’s Unification Party (PUP) and Sando Wayne of United People’s Party (UPP).
“The election is slated for October 5, 2019”, says Flomo.
The vacancy was created as a result of the passing of Senator Edward B. Dagosseh.
Flomo said the budget for the Cape Mount election is currently before the government for its consideration.