The Sports Writers Association of Liberia (SWAL) will on Saturday, October 31, officially launch its membership and decentralization drive in Buchanan City, Grand Bassa County.
The event, named the The Herbert Grisby Forum is part of the new leadership’s plan to execute its road map document to rebrand the sports writing body. The two days event will be caraterized by recruitment of new members and training activities as well as a one day sports activities.
Earlier today, the association completed a day-long refresher training for members of the organization at the Bassa High School in Buchanan, Grand Bassa County.
At the same time, the President of the Sports Writers Association of Liberia Kolubah Zayzay has with immediate effect appointed sixteen County coordinators.
The appointment of the county coordinators, according to the Association is intended to help it to effectively roll out its decentralization activities nationwide as promised members of the Association at the recent induction ceremony.
Those appointed for a period of three years by the President are:
1. Nyan Flomo (Head) and Nathaniel Tokpa (Co-head) of Nimba County
2. Amos Fallah Kpalia (Head) and Mohammed Sheriff (Co-head) of Lofa
3. Randall Nyan (Head) of Bong County
4. Samuka Keita (Head) for both Grand Gedeh and Rivergee Counties
5. Ben Appleton of Maryland County
6. D. Mark Snoh of Sinoe County
7. Morrison Wleh Jr. of Grand Kru County
8. Aaron Geezay of Rivercess County
9. Elton Teah (head) and Frank Payne (Co-head) will coordinate affairs for SWAL in Grand Bassa County
10. Taweh Johnson will handle things in Bomi and Gbarpolu Counties
11. James Bono Grand Cape Mount County
12. Cyrus Koneh (Head Upper) and William Decent Toe (Head Lower) will represent Margibi County.
13. Capacity building and recruiting of new and talented sports journalists in the fifteen Counties as well as other related activities of SWAL will be part of their cardinal responsibilities.
14. Meanwhile the pen pushers have officially adopted the 3yrs work plan.